Bon Voyage has been providing luxury airport transfers to and from North West Airports for many years. Customers have travelled the length and breadth of the country in our luxury vehicles for both business and pleasure.
Many people will have heard of the first two airports on our list of North West Airports, but few will realise there are actually 8 airports dotted across our region.
The third busiest airport in the United Kingdom has been in operation since it opened in 1938. Manchester Airport handled a record 23.1 million passengers back in 2015, some 26.9 million short of it’s capacity of 50 million passengers per year.
Situated only 35 miles away from Liverpool City Centre, Manchester Airport is the arrival point for many travellers from across the world.
In 2001 Speke Airport was renamed Liverpool John Lennon Airport in memory of the legendary singer/songwriter and founding member of the Beatles John Lennon. The renaming of the airport 21 years after his death made it the first UK airport to be named after a person.
Situated only 8 miles from Liverpool City Centre, Liverpool John Lennon Airport handles over 4 million passengers per annum.
Other North West Airports
- City Airport Manchester – handles some 50,000 take offs and landings for commercial, private and business users. Situated 28 miles from Liverpool City Centre.
- Barrow/Walney Island – The airport is owned by BAE Systems, who operate private communication flights to locations across the United Kingdom. Situated 106 miles away from Liverpool City Centre.
- Blackpool Airport – once the departure point for many holiday makers, Blackpool Airport now has few scheduled flights these days. All the same to date you can still hop over to Belfast and the Isle of Man from here. Situated 56 miles from Liverpool City Centre.
- Carlisle Lake District Airport – Caters for all kinds of private aircraft from gyroplanes and micro-lights through to helicopters and larger business jets. Situated 129 miles from Liverpool City Centre.
- RAF Woodvale, Formby – Military airport. In 1957 the legendary Spitfire made its last operational flight in active British military markings from RAF Woodvale.
- Warton Aerodrome, Preston – a major assembly and testing facility of BAE Systems Military Air & Information. The Warton Aerodrome is also the home of BAE Systems’ Corporate Air Travel, exclusive travel services for BAE Systems requirements. Situated 54 miles from Liverpool City Centre.
No matter how you arrive in the North West of England either arriving at one of the North West Airports, by sea, train or car. Bon Voyage are always on hand to provide exclusive, luxury travel across the city and the wider North West for business or pleasure.